View Of The Altar
The altar was carved and presented to Conway by Mr Percy Cox , the father of Cadet V S Cox (05-09) as a memorial to Captain Miller. The rails were presented by the parents of Cadet Payne in his memory. The brass lectern was donated in December 1903 as a memorial to Captain Miller (along with a Communion Table and the harmonium visible in the background of the 1932 view in the ship below left). All items (except the harmonium) are safe in the Conway Chapel at Birkenhead.